Sheikh Faizal Manjoo
- Sheikh Faizal Manjoo was born in Mauritius in 1960. He was in textile business for 10 years and graduated in ‘Management Studies’ at the University of Mauritius.
- He moved to South Africa in 1990.
- He qualified as Aalim Faadhil at the Madrasah Arabia Islamia (Azaadville S.A.) in 1996.
- On the advice of Qadhi Mujahidul Islam (RA) he was put under the tutorship of Professor Abdur Rahman Doi (RA) under whom he completed his BA (Honours) in ‘Islamic Studies’ at the Rand Afrikaans University (presently known as University of Johannesburg S.A.) in 1997.
- He thereafter prepared an MA Dissertation in Islamic Studies on ‘Muslim Minority South Africa under the New South Africa Constitution with especial reference to Clause 15’ (i.e. recognition of Muslim Personal Law and Freedom of Religion).
- In 2001 Sheikh completed his LLB and was admitted as an attorney at the Pretoria High Court in 2003.
- He also completed his ‘Advance Diploma in Labour Law’ and ‘Advance Banking Law’ in 2002 and 2003 respectively.
- In 2004 he was awarded an MA in ‘Islamic Finance Banking’ and ‘Management’ with Distinction from theLoughboroughUniversity. His main dissertation was an analysis of shares of listed companies from legal and Islamic perspectives.
- Presently Sheikh Manjoo is lecturing Islamic Jurisprudence and Islamic Finance both at the undergraduate and post graduate levels at the Markfield Institute of Higher Education which is an Affiliate of Gloucestershire University.
- Presently he is preparing for his PhD on ‘Islamic Pension Fund’.
Shaykh Abdul Hameed Ismail
Shaykh Abdul Hameed is a young traditionally trained Islamic scholar from Leicester. He graduated as an Alim from Jamea Uloomul Qur’an (Leicester) under the patronage of Shaykh Adam hafidhahullah. He also memorised the Quran during his studies at the institution. He is very well versed in the Quran and has a unique way of simplifying Qur’anic passages for a variety of audiences.
The Shaykh also completed his BA honors in social work/psychology. He currently is perusing his Masters in education/ psychology. He has a passion to work with young people and is part of many organisations to help serve the needs of the youth. He currently works as a secondary school teacher in a Leicester state school.
He also lectures all over the UK and has been invited by many organisations to deliver lectures in different parts of America.
Some of his hobbies include having a big passion for Martial arts from a young age, and has competed at a very high level. He currently still competes in mixed martial arts tournaments across the UK.
His young age, unique hobbies, well grounded Islamic knowledge and passion to “reconnect people to the Qur’an”, allows him to connect and engage with the youth, in order for them to access and practice Islam in a relevant yet simple manner.
Shaykh Mufti Faraz al-Mahmudi
Mufti Faraz Adam was born in the United Kingdom and raised in Leicester, a city known for its vibrant and scholastic ethos.
Mufti Faraz successfully completed secular studies at various governmental institutes, due to the sheer effort Mufti Faraz gained great results and held a high position amongst his colleagues whilst a student. Thereafter, through the Mercy of Allah and the Du’a of his parents, Mufti Faraz was blessed with the zeal to embark upon the journey in search of sacred knowledge and thus enrolled at the prestigious Darul Uloom Leicester.
During the years spent at Darul Uloom Leicester, he became the beloved of his teachers; he was respected and highly regarded by his peers. Mufti Faraz received the grade of distinction in the Alimiyyah Degree.
The love of Fiqh and the passion to study further drove Muft Faraz to South Africa to pursue the Islamic Sciences. His travels lead him to Darul Iftaa Mahmudiyyah, Durban, where he completed his Mufti course under the auspicious tutelage of eminent Shaykh, Mufti Ebrahim Desai Hafidhahullah. Mufti Faraz was fortunate to study texts in Takhassus Fil Hadīth (specialisation in the Sciences of Hadīth) under the respected Mufti Husain Kadodia Hafidhahullah. Mufti Faraz received the grade of distinction from Darul Iftaa Mahmudiyyah in Durban and was accredited with:
- Masters of Arts in Islamic Theology with specialisation in Juristic verdicts (Iftaa)
- Master Diploma specialisation in Islamic Finance under Shaykh Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Mufti Faraz has authored various research papers on the following topics: Contraception in Islam, Stance on monetary penalties in Islam, Recitation in Salah, Mechanical Slaughter and The Differences in Theology between the Ahl al-Sunnah Wa’l-Jama’ah.
Mufti Faraz is the director and founder of www.darulfiqh.com.